Wednesday, June 29, 2011

boo boo

Faith had her first big boo boo on Thursday night. I think it was more traumatic for me than Faith. I wasn't at
home either!!!
Last week was a hard week for me. I decided to let Peyton start to cry it out some at night. It made for some VERY long nights. By Thursday I was totally exhausted so I decided to go run an errand and have some "me"time for 30 minutes or so. I was craving a sonic drink that might  even include a little cry in the sonic parking lot. I've shed a few tears there.......Well that didn't happen. I had been gone from the house about 10 minutes when I got a call from Lee. He said in a calm but concerned voice that Faith had fallen and was bleeding pretty bad from her head! Of course, I go into panic mode. All envisions of a strawberry slush was out the window! He said that he was playing with Faith on our bed. She was on his back when she fell off and hit her head on the corner of the night stand.
I rushed home to find Lee holding Faith's head under the faucet. I took a peek but immediately starting feeling faint. (I'm a weakling when it comes to accidents). It really wasn't that bad but I still felt woozy (sp). A great neighbor friend of ours came over and looked at it. After debating what to do we decided not to go the stitches route and just doctor it and embrace the butterfly bandage. So that's what we did. Faith bounced back quickly. A few hours later you couldn't even tell she had been through a traumatic event. I'm sure this is the first of many to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment