Friday, September 6, 2013

Lemon bars!

Totally random, but I've been craving lemon bars ever since I had a lemon filled donut last weekend with dad.
I grew up eating lemon filled donuts with my dad at Shipley's. At first I think I just ate them because dad did, and I wanted to be like him. After awhile I got to where I really liked them, and now I eat them because I still like them and they remind of those special times with dad. Love you dad. Thanks for all the sweet memories you made with me at Shipley's! I still love going there. Oh, and it hasn't changed a bit in the last 25 years! Eek!
Well I wasn't planning on writing all that about donuts, but it just came to mind when I started writing.
Back to the lemon bars......
I made lemon bars from scratch yesterday because I was wanting something lemony. I was excited for the kids to try them. Lets just say they weren't quite as impressed as I was hoping for. They left Peyton running for the nearest trash can and grasping for a glass of water. Faith had about the same dramatic reaction. Guess lemon isn't their "thing". Then Lee came into the kitchen in which I promptly offered him a lemon bar and he politely turned it down, saying," nah, I don't really like lemon stuff".
So there I was left with a 9x13 pan of lemon bars all to myself. ;) After non-stop nibbling on them for the rest of the evening, I decided that I should share them with the neighbors, so that's just what I did. Thanks neighbors for saving me a few calories. Ha!




Anyway, they were really good. If you're wanting to give them a whirl, here's the recipe!
Lemon bars!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post!
    I LOVED lemon donuts as a kid and still do. Apparently there aren't many of us around, hunh? The reaction from your family made me giggle. I guess people either love 'em or hate 'em. My family feels the same way. I'm the sole lemon donut lover. Oh well, the more for us!

    ReplyDelete