Monday, December 23, 2013

Peyton's construction birthday

Peyton has been wanting a bulldozer party ever since his last birthday. He is quite obsessed with anything "construction". I had wanted to have his party out at the property so we could grill out and let the kids play in the dirt but decided that with several little ones a park would be better, but contending with the weather in December is tricky! The weather was really cold so we ended up having the here at the house. I racked my brain trying to come up with activities for the kids to do. After talking with mom, we came up with doing sensory bins in the garage. I turned on a couple space heaters to let the garage warm up a bit.







I filled bins with deer corn and drew roads with chalk on the garage floor. The kids LOVED playing in the corn and racing the trucks on the roads around the orange comes.
After playing in the garage for a while we moved into the kitchen where the kids constructed towers, and structures from grapes, toothpicks, and Cheerios!

These pictures are from the day before. We did a trial run to see how the activity would go. 



These are the actual day. Aren’t they cute in their little hats!
Pics From 10_24_11 055Pics From 10_24_11 057Pics From 10_24_11 064
Pics From 10_24_11 056
The kids had a lot of fun building towers. The older kids especially did well with the activity!
 
We did pizza and cake after the activities.

Pics From 10_24_11 016Pics From 10_24_11 030Pics From 10_24_11 022

I decided to try and make Peyton’s cake this year! I had never made a multi-level cake before so I was nervous how it would turn out. But I had SOOO much fun doing it! I think it turned out pretty cute! I looked EVERYWHERE for a #3 instead of a P, but with no luck I used a P.

I used a box cake mix, but made the icing. The rocks on it are chocolate candy rocks. They tasted like M&M’s.

Pics From 10_24_11 024 
Pics From 10_24_11 070Pics From 10_24_11 072Pics From 10_24_11 076Pics From 10_24_11 078Pics From 10_24_11 090
Pics From 10_24_11 007Pics From 10_24_11 018

Pics From 10_24_11 008

Happy Birthday little buddy! You are one of a kind and we love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment