Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Many Blessings

For those of you that don’t know, I had some major complications with my last pregnancy. I have struggled with gestational hypertension with both Faith and Peyton, but with Peyton had a placenta abruption more than likely due to high B.P. The event landed me in an ambulance headed to the hospital. Long story short, Peyton was born at 35 wks. by c-section and was a healthy little boy. I truly believe that the Lord saved Peyton’s and my life that night as both of our lives were in jeopardy. His hand was in it every step of the way. Ask me for the full story sometime if you are interested.

All this to say that when we were past all the traumatic events I visited with my doctor about the “risk” and option of having more children. I always had felt in my heart that I wanted three kids, maybe because I came from a family of three, or maybe just because the Lord laid it on my heart. Lee was not as convinced as I was….. Mainly because of the events that happened with Peyton.

The doctor didn’t say that I shouldn’t have any other children but wasn’t advising it and handed me a lot of data on the risk of having additional children after an abruption. I thanked her for the information as I left her office. That day driving home my heart sank. I wasn’t ready to have another child, but the thought of not being able to have one, was much more disappointing than I anticipated. After a few days I just excepted that God had given me two beautiful children and that was more than some people have the privilege of having.

About two weeks later after visiting with the doctor I was going to start my new birth control pills since I wasn’t nursing anymore. But I just had a feeling I needed to take a pregnancy test before I started them just to make sure I wasn’t pregnant. I really can’t tell you why, I just had a feeling. Well, after having to about pick myself up off the floor I saw the two pink lines. YES TWO pink lines! Was this for REAL?????? How can this even be?!? I ran into the living room where Lee was laying watching cartoons with the kids and I think he knew without me saying a word he KNEW! The first thing out of his mouth was, “well it was meant to be. The Lord knows what he is doing.” I was so thankful that was his response. It made me feel so much better. For the rest of the day we just kept looking at each other and smiling and laughing. That’s all we could do… We were both excited and scared out of our minds at the same time!

I called me doctor that next week and she commented, “didn’t I just see you two weeks ago”. I shared with her that the Lord obviously wanted us to have another child. I am confident that the Lord has big things in store for this child and am so excited to add him/her to the family. We find out on Feb 7th what we are having. I have had several ultrasounds up to this point and things are looking good. I am 17 weeks! 

Psalm 127:3

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.

We are so so thrilled that the Lord has chosen us to sheperd another one of His Children. Thank you Lord for being the giver of Life!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm so excited for you and will be praying for this pregnancy to go smoothly and without ANY complications! Can't wait to hear what you're having in a few weeks! Congrats sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney. We are very excited and have confidence that this pregnancy was ALL the Lord!

    ReplyDelete