It seems like I just finished writing Ian’s 4 month post. The months seem to be slipping past me. Ian is not a newborn anymore, but a bubbly happy little boy. I think I’ve said this before, but, he is such an easy happy baby. I feel like he might have the personality of Faith. He loves to kick his leg back and forth and make his bouncer bounce up and down. Faith did this all the time as well. A lot of his facial expressions resemble Faith’s too. He has really taken interest in toys and is reaching out for objects and putting them in his mouth. I have a video of Faith playing paddy-cake with him and he was loving every moment of it laughing like crazy! She also loves to blow on his tummy. I get a two for one deal out of it! Both are entertained.
I honestly wish that I could freeze in time his age. This is the first child that I honestly want to stay a little one. Maybe because it’s my last baby. Or at least we think he is…….with our track record though you never know! ha! I find myself holding onto every little moment more. I love rocking him while nursing or giving him a bottle, watching him splash in the bathtub, or light up when I walk in the room and love that little laugh!
My sister-in-law said it best this weekend. He is so gentle with everything he does. He just takes everything in stride.
In the last week or so we have moved him from beside our bed, to our closet. It seems to be working out really well. Its dark and quiet in there. Last night, he slept from 9pm-8am this morning! We have weaned him off his 11pm feeding. Usually he goes to bed around 8 and wakes up to feed around 3:30am, then back to sleep until 8am.
Funny story, I am pumping primarily during the day so the kids are VERY familiar with the process. While in the bathtub last week, Peyton put two cups up to his chest and said, “I pump momma”! There is never a dull moment with Peyton. He keeps life hopping! He is the life of the party. His humor comes from daddy for sure!
STATS:
size 3-6 mo clothes
size 2 diaper
eats every 3 hrs during the day. Takes about 6 oz
Naps three times a day. Naps are still random.
Rolls both ways and is getting close to sitting up.
I haven’t started solid food yet. He is VERY interested though. He watches every bit that I take. kind of sad. The other night he even had drool running off his lips when we were eating dinner. I think I will start cereal pretty soon.
weighs 14 lbs.
Here are a few photos from this month!

No comments:
Post a Comment