Sunday, December 23, 2012

6 months

 Pics From 10_24_11 179 Well we have made it 1/2 of a year with little Ian and I will say that it’s been the easiest 6 months with a newborn yet! He is the most content happy baby ever. The past week he started sleeping 10-12 hrs without eating. He still eats during the day every 3 hours or so. He is VERY interested in food and drinks. Yesterday I was holding him in the kitchen. He reached out and grabbed Lee’s water bottle off of the counter and tried to drink it. He is fully aware of all the food “goodies” out there. We have given him cereal a few times. He loves it and always wants more. He is very interactive with toys, and loves blankets. I don’t let him have one when he sleeps yet, but during the day he likes to be holding on to one.

He is still sleeping in our closet. I don’t know why we didn’t do that with Peyton and Faith. It has worked out really well. I would like to move him to a bedroom, but don’t think that Peyton is quite ready to be moved into Faith’s room.

I am really enjoying Ian’s first Christmas. We took the kids to the square the other week and Ian loved looking at all the lights and taking in the sights. He also, loves to grab at the Christmas tree when we walk by it.

Oh one last thing, he thinks Faith is HILARIOUS! She can get him laughing so hard that he gets the hiccups. We got some video of it the other day. So precious! Pics From 10_24_11 184

STATS:

size 2 diaper

14 lbs.(I think)

size 6-9 month clothes

take 2 to 3 naps a day. Naps are still only about an hr each.

Takes 6 oz. of milk per bottle

Still nursing/pumping

loves playing with his toys

Pics From 10_24_11 203 Pics From 10_24_11 206

Ian is such a special gift to us. He truly is a blessing to our family. Over the past year there have been several tragic events happen involving families. It has truly kept me humble and thankful for my children and family. Sometimes it’s hard to not get wrapped up in the small things of life, loving on my kids helps me keep things in perspective and reminds me that we are God’s children and that he loves us 100x’s more than we love our children. How can that even be?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment