Monday, September 26, 2011

Sewing Frenzy!

Last week I got the itch to do a little sewing. I LOVE the fall time! It is my favorite season. I decided that I would try my hand at sewing clothes for Faith. I wanted to make an outfit for the pumpkin patch for Faith and a matching shirt for Peyton! 

Photo Sep 19, 12 44 52 PMPhoto Sep 19, 12 39 32 PM 

The pants were a challenge for me seeing that I had never read a pattern before. After making the pants three times and discovering that the instructions were INCORRECT I finished them. Next time it will be much faster as I know what I am doing now. The Applique was also a first. It was pretty simple. Here are the steps I took.

1. Drew out the design on Pellon transfer paper(this paper has a rough side and a smooth side. I ironed the rough side on the  backside of the fabric.

2. I then cut out the fabric and peeled off the paper backing and them ironed it to the t-shirt.

3. I then ironed some stablizer on the inside of the shirt behind the design.

4. I free handed a Zig- Zag stitch around the design!

The stem is a ribbon!

I made a Tukey shirt that goes with the Orange pants as well!

Photo Sep 23, 7 59 10 AMPhoto Sep 23, 8 00 04 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment