Thursday, October 10, 2013

Riding the bus

The other week the kids and I joined Shelley and her boys in riding the university bus to campus. The kids always see the buses around town and have wanted to ride them! The kids had a great time and it was a good cultural lesson for all.
Since then the kids have wanted to ride the bus again, but this time to the mall. Shelley found a good place to get on the bus to go to the mall. It was PACKED!!! And I must say, full of a variety of people. Ha!
Shelley and I with our 6 kids stood out just a wee bit from the crowd of students. Ha! Shelley and I were enjoying being with the kids and chattin' it up when we noticed that we missed the bus stop at the mall!!! We just looked at each other and died laughing. We realized we beeded to pull the cord to notify the bus driver we wanted to exit. Oops! The next stop was Walmart so we got off the bus and decided to walk up to McDonalds for some ice cream. The kids enjoyed it all the same as the mall. ;) I'm sure we got some funny stares as we were bustling our children across the busiest intersection in Fayetteville!




But never the less it was fun. We arrived back at the bus stop at Walmart about an hr later and a spanking or two (for running away from momma). I won't name who the culprit was....
We THOUGHT we only had a 10-15 min ride home, but to our SURPRISE it was 1 hr and 15 min. bus ride home!!!!!! Yes 1:15! All the kids did great though! Ian and Preston were antsy toward the end, but who wouldn't be. It was a fun and learning experience for all. Next time maybe I will study the bus route a little better. ;)












P.S.-lee said he was going to sell my car since we were using public transportation so often ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment