We have had an empty lot across from us the entire time we have lived here. Last week construction began on the lot. We knew that someone had bought it, but it had been several months with no movement so we were not expecting anything until the BULLDOZERS showed up on the scene. The kids were glued to the window in amazement! Fairy wings are required to oversee construction these days.
Ian decided that he needed to do a little “destruction” throughout the house.
Ian decided to throw all his clothes out of his drawers and cabinet. See what I mean when I say “destruction”
After watching through the window all day, the kids couldn’t take it anymore. They had to get closer to the action. It was cold so we bundled up to take a look. I am sure by this time in the afternoon the construction guys were tired of three peering eyes on them. ha! They were so nice though, Benny was one of the driver’s names. He stopped, got off his dozer and took time to talk to the kids and give them the whole run down on his dozer and how me bought it when his son was 4 and he was 29 now. Ha…. I know way too much about this particular dozer. He offered to take each of the kids on a ride. Peyton all the sudden clammed up and declined. I was shocked! After all, this kid was a bulldozer for Halloween! Faith decided that she wanted to give it a whirl though! She did great! Thanks Mr. Benny!
We are sad to see the field go, but look forward to watching a house go up!

No comments:
Post a Comment