Friday, April 20, 2012

My latest project

These days my creative projects fall far and few compared to what I would like to do. Especially with Pinterest at my finger tips. Today I saw on the news that Pinterest is the third most popular social network site short of Facebook and Twitter! Forbes said the company is worth 7 Billion dollars!

Anyway, I'm not sure where the facts above come into play with my post, but thought I would just throw it out there. I have been wanting to spruce Peyton's room up a little for baby P. I decided a mobile over the bed would be neat. But didn't know where to look for one that would match the room so I decided to make one.
I covered a metal wreath form from Hobby Lobby with jute rope. I already had the jute and the wreath so it didn't cost me anything. Next I borrowed a friend of mine's Cricut and cut out the birds from card stock. This took a while because each bird is double sided. It helped weight down the fishing line and make the mobile more substantial though. I then hung fishing line from the wreath form and attached the birds using double sided tape. I'm pleased overall with the way it turned out. I want to incorporate his name into the room somehow and then I think it will be complete!
Poor Peyton is going to have to share a room with Faith for a while. Maybe can throw some trucks and super heroes in it to "boy" it up a bit.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. love it!! I have to come check it out in person. You're so creative- I"m in envy of your talent.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete