Monday, June 24, 2013

Pop’s 88th Birthday

We celebrated Pop’s 88th birthday in Carlisle on June 2nd. I have been looking forward to getting everyone together for a long time. It seems like it is so hard to coordinate everyone’s schedule! We had 38 people this year. God has blessed me with such a wonderful family. It all started with two special people! I didn’t realize until I was an adult how rare it is for families to all get together and love being around each other. We had a blast together. Thank you Pop for all you do for us and how you love each and every one of us!

401825_10151936727573082_2032605218_n Pop with his great-grandkids. The only one missing is Chanie Kate.Pics From 10_24_11 055 Pop and his grand-kids. The only one missing is Mary Catherine. Pics From 10_24_11 057

The only disapointing thing about the weekend was that the birthday party was suppose to happen on Saturday the 1st, but due to the weather it was postponed to Sunday which meant that Matthew and Chanie weren’t able to make it. They had to go back to Houston Sunday morning. We really wished that they could have made it. There have been 5 babies born in 1 yr! It would have been neat to have them all together!

When the rain let up on Saturday, mom and dad drove to Newport to get Pop, so Pop could see Chanie Kate, Matthew and Chanie.

We had a little birthday celebration at my parent’s house.

 Pics From 10_24_11 018Pics From 10_24_11 019Pics From 10_24_11 021 Pics From 10_24_11 023 Pics From 10_24_11 026 Pics From 10_24_11 028 Pics From 10_24_11 029 Pics From 10_24_11 033

Sunday EVENTS

Pics From 10_24_11 034

On an EMBARRASSING NOTE!!!!! You may notice a few scratches across the hood of the gator. Peyton got behind the driver’s wheel and ran the thing up under Keaton’s truck bumper! I was so mortified!! It was brand-new! It put some good size scratches on the hood and broke off a clip on the windshield. I apologized over and over….. BOYS!!! EEK!Pics From 10_24_11 035 Pics From 10_24_11 036 Pics From 10_24_11 038

Uncle Mart and his boys fried up some fish for the crew!! These country boys know how to fry up some fish I tell ya! I can still taste it!

Pics From 10_24_11 039 Pics From 10_24_11 040 Pics From 10_24_11 044 Pics From 10_24_11 045 Pics From 10_24_11 047 Pics From 10_24_11 051 Pics From 10_24_11 052 Pics From 10_24_11 053

No comments:

Post a Comment