Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4th of July Parade

I just realized that I never blogged about our neighborhood 4th of July parade.
Every year in the neighborhood I grew up in we had a 4th of July parade. It was so much fun! I have great memories of decorating my cabbage patch hot wheels and parading through the neighborhood.
I decided that I wanted to do the same thing for our neighborhood. With the help of the POA, I organized a block party/parade. The event turned out great! We had a fire truck come to lead the parade, (actually two showed up), and after the parade we served hot dogs, chips, watermelon, and red white and blue Popsicles!!!

There were prizes for 1st and 2nd place best decorated rides in two age groups. The weather was perfect and we had a great time! I love our neighborhood.










































My two American cuties.

Later that evening the POA showed a movie outside for the kids. They showed Wreck it Ralph and served popcorn and Popsicles. Needless to say the kids slept well that night!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment