Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rice, white and blue

Craft #3- today we made pictures with red and blue colored rice. The kids loved creating their own personal art. The first few I drew with glue and they put the rice on the glue and shook them off. I tried to encourage a patriotic theme. But Peyton's request was a rhino. and a hippo. You should have seen me trying to make a glue drawing of the two. When lee got home I asked him what they were and he said an alligator and could determine the other. Oh we'll we tried.
To make the colored rice I just put a tablespoon of vinegar and 7-8 drops of food coloring in a ziplock bag and then added a cup of rice. Shook it until the rice was covered with color and then poured it out to dry on a cookie sheet. Let it dry for about an hour before you use it.
























The rhino and hippo in process












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment